Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lunch at Olives, Bellagio, Las Vegas


I was trying to keep it light for lunch in anticipation of my dinner at Twist tonight. Todd English's Olives was the perfect choice. It has gotten mixed reviews in the past, but the location is perfect and I was feeling adventurous. I found that despite previous reviews of poor service, my server was excellent and the views of Lake Bellagio are wonderful. Definitely sit outside if you can.

I opted to start with the Beef carpaccio, which was surprisingly gigantically proportioned. The presentation could definitely scare a vegetarian, but don't let that scare you. The huge mound in the middle is a wonderfully-dressed salad with perfectly acid dressing to accompany the unctuous beef. There is tangy earthy cheese that adds complexity to the flavors. And, when you think you have dug through the dish, a square of perfectly pan-seared polenta reveals itself.


The perfect bite.
The shrimp scampi polenta was also very flavorful, and the garlic chips weren't at all bitter.

A great lunch, and value at $45.00.

No comments: